- production or technical (concerned with the production line)
- supportive (ensure availability of inputs)
- maintenance (maintain social relations)
- adaptive (monitor and respond to environment, crisis-management)
- managerial (coordinate and control other subsystems)
This classification helps us understand what each department's roles and responsibilities are and how they interact and work together to run the whole organisation. This is important to a pr practitioner because of the nature of our job. We are required to communicate to people from all over, hence, knowing the situation would be advantageous in communication.